Access Website on server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a website on my server.

From in the ofice while connected to the LAN, If I enter either 192.168.2.2/website/login.php or server2011/website/login.php I can access my website

From home, if I enter 82.xx.xxx.xx/website/login.php I can access my website

From the office, if I enter 82.xx.xxx.xx/website/login.php I can't access my website.

Problem is, On my website, I use it for remote acess with PDA's and capturing signatures. The png for the signatures is saved in a path of 82.xx.xxx.xx/website/FileName.png

So, I can view the signatures using the network from home or using a phone to access them, but I can not view them while I am in the office.

I have setup port forwarding in my Belkin F5D7231 to se the external IP of 82.xx.xxx.xx using port 80 to go to 192.168.2.2, but this does not help.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Paul

Monday, October 1, 2012 10:40 AM

Answers

• SOLVED!!

We purchased a new router, set the port forward on port 80 to the server address and it now works.

I dont think the old Belkin was up to the job

Paul.

• Marked as answer by Swanside Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:49 AM

All replies

• Test from a location other than your home and office. If it works, then your office is blocking external access to your server (probably by IP address). If it doesn't, it's your ISP.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Monday, October 1, 2012 12:13 PM
  • Thanks Ken

The server is in the office, so from anywhere apart from the office even on a mobile device over 3G I can access the website in the office using 82.xx.xxx.xx/website/login.php

Its just while I am in the office, by entering 82.xx.xxx.xx/website/login.php I can not access the website. The only way I can access the website in the office is by using 192.168.2.2/website/login.php

Forgot to say.

While also in the same office as the server, If I just enter 82.xx.xxx.xx in any computer, it displays the home page of the router.

• Edited by Swanside Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:58 AM Extra information
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:52 AM
  • SOLVED!!

We purchased a new router, set the port forward on port 80 to the server address and it now works.

I dont think the old Belkin was up to the job

Paul.

• Marked as answer by Swanside Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:49 AM