Creation of multiple appointments when clicking the Save and close button RRS feed

• Question

• We are using CRM 2015 (on-premise) build number 7.0.2.53 (CRM 2015 Update 0.2) and noticed some problems when we create a new appointment and then clicks on the [Save and Close] button.

We create a new appointment, fill in the required (and other) fields.

Then we click on [Save and Close], but nothing seems to happen on the screen.

When we click again on that same button, we got a warning concerning the unavailability of the user.

After a whole lot of investigation I found out this:

When we click the first time:

- The first action seems to be successfull, meaning the appointment is saved/created (because if I perform a search, I can find the activity)

- The second action, "Closing the form", is not performed.

When we click the second time:

- I get a warning (probably normal because there is already an appointment for this user at this time: see first action), where I can choose to ignore and save anyway.

- If I choose the "Ignore and save" action, the appointment is recreated again (because if I perform a search, I can find 2 instances of the same activity)

When I simulate the above steps, I can see there is a Javascript error in the browser console (F12 in browser) on the function getIsDirty:

Kan de eigenschap getIsDirty van een niet-gedefinieerde verwijzing of een verwijzing naar een lege waarde niet ophalen (Dutch)

Unable to get property getIsDirty of undefined or null reference (English translation I think)

Does anyone have a solution for this?

We use Internet Explorer 11 (11.0.9600.18665).

Thanks

Andy

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Henrique,

Thanks for your reply.

However, we use the default appointment form, and didn't implement or add any Javascript functions to it. We also did not define any business rule.

So I don't think this was the problem.

But due to your reply I retested this behaviour in CRM (on multiple client computers), and the problem seems to be disappeared.

There were recently some (automatic) updates on the client computers, so I think this has solved the problem. But I can't find which component update solved it (for instance, there were no Java updates included) ...

In conclusion: problem solved, possible due to some automatic updates but reason unknown.

• Marked as answer by Andy19789940 Friday, July 14, 2017 7:41 AM
    Friday, July 14, 2017 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

It seems like you have one ghost property in you form.

You already check the JavaScript functions at your form, maybe if exist, it can be referencing some field that no longer belongs to your form.

Or, maybe you have some business rule referencing some field that no longer belongs to your form.

Regards,

Henrique Silvestre Souza

Friday, July 7, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Hi Henrique,

Thanks for your reply.

However, we use the default appointment form, and didn't implement or add any Javascript functions to it. We also did not define any business rule.

So I don't think this was the problem.

But due to your reply I retested this behaviour in CRM (on multiple client computers), and the problem seems to be disappeared.

There were recently some (automatic) updates on the client computers, so I think this has solved the problem. But I can't find which component update solved it (for instance, there were no Java updates included) ...

In conclusion: problem solved, possible due to some automatic updates but reason unknown.

• Marked as answer by Andy19789940 Friday, July 14, 2017 7:41 AM
    Friday, July 14, 2017 7:41 AM