Duplicate Detection - View of possible Duplicate records outside of Duplicate Detection screen. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Is it possible to get a view of records that were identified as possible duplicates outside of the actual Duplicate Detection screens?  I am working on a large project deduping records between Leads and Contacts, and, Leads and Accounts.  Would like to update a field each Lead record that was identified as a possible duplicate...instead of selecting each one...one at a time.

Thank You!
    Voni
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:37 PM

Answers

• To my knowledge, there's not a way within CRM however the dedupe process populates a table with the dupe key pairs and I've used this to build a custom report on the dupes, but you could also use this as the source for a simple app to update the 'dupe's.

The de-dupe rules are stored in the DuplicateRuleBase table. - and the matchpairs are stored in the DuplicateRecordBase table.

This isn't a supported method, but it's where you'll find the information you're looking for. 

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    • Marked as answer by vonig Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:36 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:10 PM

All replies

• To my knowledge, there's not a way within CRM however the dedupe process populates a table with the dupe key pairs and I've used this to build a custom report on the dupes, but you could also use this as the source for a simple app to update the 'dupe's.

The de-dupe rules are stored in the DuplicateRuleBase table. - and the matchpairs are stored in the DuplicateRecordBase table.

This isn't a supported method, but it's where you'll find the information you're looking for. 

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    • Marked as answer by vonig Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:36 PM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:10 PM
  • Thank you Scott....I will check there!

Have a great day!

Voni

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:37 PM