using both livemesh and foldershare RRS feed

• Question

• Can you synch a folder with both livemesh and foldershare? The reason I wanted to do this is because I have 2 offices. In office1 I am allowed to install foldershare but not livemesh and office2 has a proxy which prevents me from connecting to foldershare (don't know much about the proxy server).

Thanks. 
    • Edited by baccts Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:17 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We would advise against syncing the same folder with both Live Mesh and FolderShare.  Doing so could cause a number of problems involving patterns of circular sychronization.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We would advise against syncing the same folder with both Live Mesh and FolderShare.  Doing so could cause a number of problems involving patterns of circular sychronization.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 5:56 PM
  • Would I be crazy to think that all of these new cool services are just stepping stones to making Mesh a platform for rolling out all kinds of cloud services based on the Mesh platform?

Seems to me MS is really trying alot of little markets - Folder Share - Sync Toy - Live Services - Sky Drive - and then hopefully in the near future will roll all these small projects into a concise set of online tools with a more unified landing page...

Thou I have to say I see a use for each of the sattalite services but a way to take advantage or merge all the services - or pick one more feature packed service that does all the other services would be a very nice final rollout...

Options seems to be somethign MS is really trying to offer lately - its nive to see that change in trends... Sort of a build your own approach.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:52 PM
  • The PDC in October is going to be very interesting. There was an article the other day hinting at some very big announcements involving Live Mesh and Oslo. It will be interesting to see what comes out over the next year or so.
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:39 PM
  • I am in no way a MS fan boy - way too many reinstalls of Xp for that.... but I have to say it is refreshing to see the new forward thinking....

I am just hoping to see some of those cool options released to us Tech previw people here for testing.... hint hint..

Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:07 AM