'One Care'-ReInstall-Or don't be a Mug...? RRS feed

• Question

• I installed 'One Care' some days ago. I know. I thought,Well,everything is going to smoothly in life, and since my tiny laptop has taken all the abuse I could ever give it I'll do a proper job. Stupidly I took out Everything it asked me to and now Everything dosn't work. I went to delete 'it' and accidently sent i'ts files sliding five ways to monday accross my desktop. The Drive is sluggish and Windows Defender dosn't want to know and so on.

My question is simple. What use is it when all you want to do is pick a fight with your mates brother? Please help if anyone can. Any advice will be apreciated. Thanks, 6
    Saturday, May 10, 2008 2:52 AM

Answers

• 6, thanks for posting back. I'm sorry One Care didn't work out for you but I'm glad you found a security solution for your computer. I would like to clarify that I don't work for Microsoft, I volunteer here because I believe in the product and I enjoy helping. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you but you certainly did not waste my time.

Monday, May 12, 2008 4:33 PM
  •  JimR1 wrote:
    Hello Tommy, I would like to help but I really don't understand your question. If you can re-post your question and provide more detail in explaining the computer issue I will try to help.
    Dear JimR1, I'm sorry if I was a bit hard on 'One Care'. It can't be so bad if it's from Windows.I was a bit wound up with it because it did all of the above. Thank you for your reply. Since my child-like outburst I've installed a security program with Anti-Virus and My Firewalls are up 'n' good. No issues at this time. Thanks JimR1
    Monday, May 12, 2008 8:01 AM

All replies

•  tommy si6 wrote:

I. Stupidly I took out Everything it asked me to and now Everything dosn't work. I went to delete 'it' and accidently sent i'ts files sliding five ways to monday accross my desktop. The Drive is sluggish and Windows Defender dosn't want to know and so on.
      My question is simple. What use is it when all you want to do is pick a fight with your mates brother? Please help if anyone can. Any advice will be apreciated. Thanks, 6

Hello Tommy, I would like to help but I really don't understand your question. If you can re-post your question and provide more detail in explaining the computer issue I will try to help.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:26 PM
  •  JimR1 wrote:
    Dear JimR1, I'm sorry if I was a bit hard on 'One Care'. It can't be so bad if it's from Windows.I was a bit wound up with it because it did all of the above. Thank you for your reply. Since my child-like outburst I've installed a security program with Anti-Virus and My Firewalls are up 'n' good. No issues at this time. Thanks JimR1
    Monday, May 12, 2008 8:01 AM
  • Dear JimR1,
         What I meant was I mght have been a little out of line. The stuff caused great concern. It Brought down my firewalls so what does it expect. I meant no disrespect to your firm or to the programers who worked on 'One Care' but my machine was out in the cold every time I turned it on. I downloaded 'One Care' and would have paid for it but I couldn't even sign up. (It would have been a first,me buying from a computer. Anyway things got ill and I had firewalls to consider and so had to sack 'One Care'. I didn't mean it to be that way. Things just went bad. I hope your time wasn't waisted JimR1. As I said this morning. I'm sorted with a security system.(I used Quote earlier so you should get one of these). Once again,Thanks. 6
    Monday, May 12, 2008 4:11 PM
  • 6, thanks for posting back. I'm sorry One Care didn't work out for you but I'm glad you found a security solution for your computer. I would like to clarify that I don't work for Microsoft, I volunteer here because I believe in the product and I enjoy helping. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you but you certainly did not waste my time.

Monday, May 12, 2008 4:33 PM
  • Dear JimR1, I hope your ok. Way back in May 2008 you wrote to a bloke named six concerning OneCare. Well. I'm back again. I hope your still about. I didn't put any votes on your letter back then but I will in a minute. Anyway I bought 'OneCare' and it was perfect. But things are not now. I'm going out soon but I will come back again. I forgot about this place. To think it was a year ago I wrote that. I bet one could look back ten years and see if their spelling had improved. Take care JimR1. I will explain later. Yours, 6
    Crusader of Peace.Advisor to the King of Spain.Local hero & good egg
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:51 PM
  • Jim is indeed still around. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll see what help we can offer. You can also contact support, if desired. How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:56 PM