Moving to a new domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    We use CRM Online 2011 with Windows Live ID authentication. Next weekend, we will be changing our local Windows and email domain to join a larger domain with another company we have merged with.
    For example, I am currently mark@mycompany.com, and next week I will be mark.nicholson@mynewcompany.com. My Outlook profile will be migrated to the new domain, and all email will be moved from the old Exchange server to the new one.
    How do I transition user accounts in CRM Online over?
    Thanks,
    - Mark
    Monday, February 6, 2012 8:48 PM

Answers

• Just to close this off, it was very easy.

In the user settings, you just have to update the user's email to the new domain's email. The Windows Live ID does not need to change.

- Mark

• Marked as answer by Psychopasta Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:58 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:58 PM

All replies

• Mark, You can change your Windows Live ID (http://www.ehow.com/how_6508949_change-windows-live-id.html) if needed so that it matches the new domain. However, if the Live ID is configured with a Hotmail Account, it may not let you do this. There isn't any harm in allowing users to use their same Live ID login to access CRM post-domain move, but you would want to update each users record in CRM so that their Primary E-Mail Address is the e-mail address of the new company. There may be some back-end changes that you need to make the CRM 2011 Mail Router, if you are using that. Since you are a CRM Online customer, it may be worth while to log a case with Microsoft to ask this same question to get the official take/process on this. You can open a new support case from CRM Online by: 1. Click on Resource Center 2. Then under the Support Heading (right-hand pane), click New Support Request Jeremy

Jeremy Winchell Avtex http://blog.avtex.com

Monday, February 6, 2012 11:37 PM
  • Just to close this off, it was very easy.

In the user settings, you just have to update the user's email to the new domain's email. The Windows Live ID does not need to change.

- Mark

• Marked as answer by Psychopasta Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:58 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:58 PM