Restore CRM to another server, user mapping? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Now, I have 2 CRM servers(live), CRMFE(app server) and CRMBE(sql server).
    I would like to restore it to new servers(for UAT), let say CRMFEUAT and CRMBEUAT. In event of restoration, I would like to map back the users from live server to development server.

Can I use Import Organization Wizard in Depolyment Manager to map the same users? For eg, Leonard(existing user) map back to Leonard as new user. Both servers are from same domain.

Thanks.
    g8dnitez

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Sure.  In fact, if CRMFEUAT and CRMBEUAT are still in the same domain as production, you can use the import organization wizard and set it to automap -- all of your users should be mapped automaticaly and belong to the correct role.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Sure.  In fact, if CRMFEUAT and CRMBEUAT are still in the same domain as production, you can use the import organization wizard and set it to automap -- all of your users should be mapped automaticaly and belong to the correct role.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your quick respond.

Can users still able to access both production and UAT CRM?

Thanks.
    g8dnitez

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Yep.  We have this scenario quite a bit and works very well.
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:33 AM
  • Thanks.

I will try on it.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:38 AM
  • When you restore the databases from one environment to another, remember not to restore the MSCRM_Config database. If you do so it will point to the original environment, and not the second environment.

When you install the second environment a new MSCRM_Config is created, and you can safely import your organisation into the second environment.

Henrik Jensen Instructor / Consultant MCP, MCAD, MCSD, MCTS, MCPD, MCITP, MBSS, MBSP, MCT www.crmblog.dk and mscrm.easyconsult.dk (Danish only)
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:30 PM