I have a licence key, but apparently its out of date? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a licence key, it must be two years old. im trying to do some repairs to windows, but my key is out of date and its $44 for a new one. Is this right? Surely if you bought the product in the first place the licence key should stay valid? Really annoyed at this as ive had the key for 2 years and never had to use it and now I have to pay for another one?!?!?! aaaargh im so getting a Mac next time. Had it with Microsoft.
    Monday, February 2, 2015 9:13 AM

Answers

• Legitimate/Genuine Windows 7 product keys never go "out of date".  To find out what's going on, please post your MGA Report.  Thank you!

MGA Diagnostic Report is Required:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Carey Frisch

Monday, February 2, 2015 3:50 PM