none
BlackJack II ActiveSync Problems

Question

• We have purchased several BlackJack II phones for our overseas office. We generally tether the phones to the PC for synchornizing the calendar, contacts etc rather than purchasing a data account as they are very expensive in Europe and you can travel about 50km before you are out of your home area and are roaming.

To my problem:
    When we try to establish an activesync partnership with our networked PCs our security client (Cisco) sees an unauthorized port request and blocks it. We have worked with our IT department and they have grudgingly added some permissions as the port request seems to be relatively harmless being a loopback. We still encountered problems and were able to get passed this, with our WM 6.0 and 6.1 phones, by going to Start\Settings\Connections\Serial on USB and unchecking the "Advanced Networking Features". Unfortunately, with the BlackJack II, and I suspect most SmartPhones, this particular setting has been removed from the settings menu. I suspect that having that feature would resolve the issue. I have seen several references to a ActiveSyncmode.sa file which adds the mode change feature back into the Settings menu. I have tried installing the .cab file on one of these phones and it will not install indicating it is not intended for use with the BlackJack, however, I have read articles that indicate others have successfully used it.

Reading this forum I found articles indicating that various security features should be turned off such as AV, Firewall, and VPN clients. This is not an option in our situation.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can accomplish this?
    Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:27 PM