How much do North American Customers pay for the GENUINE UPGRADE KIT FOR XP PRO? RRS feed

• Question

• If you have been forced to pay this, and you live in North America please reply here saying how much in $USD you paid for it.

It seems that Microsoft are trying to skirt around the issue of pricing and will not give a straight answer when asked how much North Americans are paying for this "Genuine upgrade kit" for XP Pro.
    Friday, May 5, 2006 10:45 PM

Answers

• I paid $149.00 and some $10 for shipping
    Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:39 AM

All replies

• 149$.
    Sunday, May 7, 2006 7:56 AM
  • Phil is correct. It is $149 and $99 dollars respectively for Windows XP Pro and Home. You can confirm this information in our FAQ located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx

hth

dave

Monday, May 8, 2006 5:55 AM
  •  

Hello,

I'm assuming those prices are in US funds?  I'm from Canada and I get a different price popping up on my computer for purchasing a validation key.   Also, is this something we will be able to download after purchasing?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:12 AM
  • MissMac:

Yes, the 149$ is in USD.

Also, yes, the WGA Kit comes with an electronic fulfillment as well as physical CD. The electronic fulfillment is in email format, which will contain your product key and a WGA tool to convert your system to genuine. Please keep in mind, the physical CD (which will be in the mail) should be safely kept incase you need a reinstall of your system.

-Phil Liu

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:48 AM
  • I paid $149.00 and some $10 for shipping
    Wednesday, May 17, 2006 12:39 AM
  • Just out of interest, how did you manage to do the update online -- every time I try it, I'm pushed to the US site (pre-filled on the form) and it won't allow me to change it to Canada ...

I'm getting rather frustrated.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:03 AM
  • It's $149 US in the US or $199 CDN in Canada.  I saw a page within the Microsoft website that had all the prices by country, but it's hard to find and can't find it now.  I don't think the US offer will ship to Canada - you'll have to pay $199CDN for shipping to Canada.
    Sunday, December 17, 2006 2:28 PM
  • Heidi:

Can you run this tool and tell me the location it thinks you're in (country-level is more than enough)

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/iptogeomap/default.aspx

This is the default form we use to try and "prefill" documents/forms for users. (We do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT take any information given on this page.)

Monday, December 18, 2006 5:56 AM
  •  melslur wrote:
    It's $149 US in the US or $199 CDN in Canada.  I saw a page within the Microsoft website that had all the prices by country, but it's hard to find and can't find it now.  I don't think the US offer will ship to Canada - you'll have to pay $199CDN for shipping to Canada.

The price difference comes from different manufacturing costs in different regions, as well as taxes, shipping, and currency exchange rate.

-phil

Monday, December 18, 2006 5:57 AM