HELP ME IN THIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there im Karthik and i m having sony vaio laptop which i buyed at london and im having a problem that i missed the cd of both vista operating system and drivers while travelling to india so i got a problem that my laptop has operationg system problem when i booted it with local vista dvd it says that the key entered is not valid and im using a 30 day trail version.

so help me to resolve this problem

where i can find the original vista dvd which will be compatable with the key down to my laptop

please help me

my details as  <removed>

• Edited by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:47 AM removed email address
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:21 PM

Answers

• "G.KARTHIK REDDY" wrote in message news:ee1e46e0-63ed-47fd-863d-d0bb662cacd7...

Hi there im Karthik and i m having sony vaio laptop which i buyed at london and im having a problem that i missed the cd of both vista operating system and drivers while travelling to india so i got a problem that my laptop has operationg system problem when i booted it with local vista dvd it says that the key entered is not valid and im using a 30 day trail version.

so help me to resolve this problem

where i can find the original vista dvd which will be compatable with the key down to my laptop

please help me

my details as <redacted>

Please remove your email address - unless you want to be spammed to death.

You are going to have problems, probably - You'd need to contact Sony and see if they have a disk available for your machine locally (they may, or they may not) If they don't then you'll have to see if you can get Sony UK to ship a set to you. You'll have to pay for them
    A possible alternative is to use a Retail disk, together with the COA Key  on your sticker on the machine's case (or possibly inside the battery compartment) to reinstall the operating system again

You say that the current disk will not accept the key? was this during the install, or afterwards (i.e. did you install using the default key?, or did the install fail?)
    If the install failed, and your machine is still bootable, then you may be able to creates a set of recovery disks  yourself - read the manual (or download it and read it) for instructions (if it's possible) - or you may be able to reinstall using a built-in recovery partition. Again, read the manual.

If the install succeeded, but changing your Key isn't possible, then there are three or four possible reasons
    1) You're entering the wrong Key - use a strong light and a magnifier to read the key from the COA sticker
    2) The version you have installed is another OEM's recovery set - and it's locked to another machine's BIOS. (but usually this type of disk will not let you install in the first place)
    3) The version of Windows you have installed is not the same as the one with which the machine came - you cannot activate Ultimate with a Home Premium key - Check what you installed, and the details on your COA sticker.
    4) a combination of the above.
    .... those are the most common reason for this sort of error - I can probably come up with a few more if pushed :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, January 21, 2011 10:13 PM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:48 PM