Login credentials failed on a back up of MS Money (forced to create a new passport login years ago) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an older backup that I have to access to capture Business records from 2004 & 2005 for a Home based business.  I don't recall the exact events but I started using a new passport account when an old one failed to work upon a version of MS (Home & Business Version) in 2006.  I have multiple backups on storage disks and until now have not had to access them.

I am in the middle of a tax audit and am trying to prepare, so I need to access older records.  When I attempt to access these older files I am unable to because the passport will not accept the password that was assigned to it (an it brings back memories of frustration!)  I do not have the email account that was attached to the original passport account to reset the passport acount and Microsoft support has been less than helpful.

How can I extract these accounting records, especially given the fact that MS Money is no longer being sold by Microsoft next week?
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:42 PM

Answers

• I have an older backup that I have to access to capture Business records from 2004 & 2005 for a Home based business.  I don't recall the exact events but I started using a new passport account when an old one failed to work upon a version of MS (Home & Business Version) in 2006.  I have multiple backups on storage disks and until now have not had to access them.

I am in the middle of a tax audit and am trying to prepare, so I need to access older records.  When I attempt to access these older files I am unable to because the passport will not accept the password that was assigned to it (an it brings back memories of frustration!)  I do not have the email account that was attached to the original passport account to reset the passport acount and Microsoft support has been less than helpful.

How can I extract these accounting records, especially given the fact that MS Money is no longer being sold by Microsoft next week?

This forum is for Windows Home Server.  I would usually try to point you to another forum, but I can't find one for Money.  In this case, you might need to call MS support for assistance.
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:22 PM
  • Check the Microsoft Money newsgroups.

Note that Microsoft Money is being discontinued...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:07 PM

All replies

This forum is for Windows Home Server.  I would usually try to point you to another forum, but I can't find one for Money.  In this case, you might need to call MS support for assistance.
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:22 PM
  • Check the Microsoft Money newsgroups.

Note that Microsoft Money is being discontinued...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, June 26, 2009 3:07 PM