Regarding attributes in post image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to MS CRM. I am going through all the Plug-ins in the plug in registration tool as a part of learning about plug ins. I observed few steps have pre images or post images with "attribute" field. In few plug in steps, the post image "attribute" field is empty. I wanted to know why it is kept empty? is there any advantage with it ?  Since I am new I have very less idea, please help me with this. Thank you  

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinay,

The "parameters" field in the Post/Pre Images specify the attributes that would be available in the image to be accessed in the plugin logic code. If you're not specifying any "parameters", all the attributes of that entity are available to be accessed in the plugin code. It's always a good practice to select only the attributes that you might actually need in your code, so that all the others are not unnecessarily loaded in the memory making the plugin bulky. An entity might have around 50+ attributes, but you're not going to need all of them in the code, so why add them into the image. I suggest you have a look at this article which explains the plugin registration tool.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

• Proposed as answer by Anupam Bishui Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:52 AM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Thank u very much :)

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:43 AM