No Graphs in MS Money RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am unable to use the graphing feature for MS Money neither for portfolio /stock charts ( price history just shows a pie chart icon but nothing further) nor reports (where all the graphing options are greyed out).

The only chart I can see if the bar graph of income vs. expense on the home page

I am currently running Version 14 0 120 1105 but seem to remember having the same problem with a prior version.

I have run the program for ~10 years with lots of historic transactions / bank downloads and suspect I may have over run an array but that is just a wild guess.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Ian

Monday, May 22, 2017 8:09 AM

All replies

• I don't know how old your version is.  I am using MS Money Plus Deluxe (Sunset Version) Version 17.0.120.3817 and can generate various graphs for reports including Price history although, for the latter, if I pick all investments for all times, it takes a very long time to generate.

Ron

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:49 AM
  • Copy Sample.mny from your install folder (typically in C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft Money Plus\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\) to your
    Documents folder.  Open Money by right-clicking that copy of
    sample.mny and choose Open.  See if any graphs display

If the graphs do display in Sample.mny, I suspect a problem with your
    file.  Hold (make a copy of) your backups in case you want to restore one that
    pre-dates the problem.  You can switch back to your file by clicking File, and
    selecting your regular file from the list at the bottom.

You can try a File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair.  That is simple, but it
    probably will not solve this.  Then try I would try making a repaired version
    of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

If it still does not work, try restoring a backup that pre-dates the problem.

If the graphs do not display for Sample, I would reinstall Money 2005.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 3:45 AM