My site not in Search Results, yet all seems ok?? RRS feed

• Question

• My site has been authenticated, crawled and has 16 pages indexed by MSN. 
    My homepage has a domain score of 4/5
    The site is not blocked and it was last crawled 6 days ago.

BUT.........

When I type several site specific words into Live Search my site is not there.
    Not on any page in the whole list. 

Other search engines have the site on page one with only a few key words.

Has anyone had this experience with live search or have an idea how to remedy this??

Confused!

Troy

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Both of these sites are ranked extemely low. Most of your backlinks are from link pages. I suggest reading the FAQs located at the top of this forum and at the top of the ranking forum. They will provide you with information on how our crawler works and what you can do to help index and rank your site.

Brett

Monday, January 19, 2009 6:18 PM

All replies

• Hi - sorry if I am repeating a question already asked - I am new to this forum and having had a browse on some other questions, I think I have found some of the answers to this issue, but for the main, I am still trying to grasp how to get results in Live-Search.

The site URL is www.healingmessages.net and we have a mirror site at www.healingmessages.com.au for local clients.

Many thanks

Troy

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 11:09 PM
  • Responded on seperate thread.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:54 PM
  • Hi Brett

I see that you responded to my question regarding mirror sites at healingmessages.com.au and healingmessages.net .  Thanks, that was good feedback - Should I assume that because both our sites have indexed pages with MSN that we have not been penalised for duplicate sites??

Unfortunately the underlying concern remains in that our site does not appear in the LiveSearch and we can't understand why. 

As I mentioned at the start of this thread, the data from MSN regarding our sites seems positive, yet our sites just don't appear in the search at all. 

Are you able to clarify why this is the case???

Is there an option in the WebMaster centre which shows whether your site has been penalised in the indexing process???

If not, this would be a valuable addition.

Many thanks

Troy

Friday, January 2, 2009 1:40 AM
  • Hi,

Both of these sites are ranked extemely low. Most of your backlinks are from link pages. I suggest reading the FAQs located at the top of this forum and at the top of the ranking forum. They will provide you with information on how our crawler works and what you can do to help index and rank your site.

Brett

Monday, January 19, 2009 6:18 PM
  • Hi Brett

Thanks for your response.  Our site is now appearing in the search engine, although I have not made any changes since my last post.  Some sort of minor miracle has occurred which is great. 

I'll have a look at the points you made to improve our ranking. 

Best regards

Troy

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:36 AM