Website Not Being Indexed! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to get my website http://www.usbflash.co.uk indexed by msn / live search and for some reason it will not show up in search results. It has been a few months now and google and other search engines has indexed lots of pages but nothing from here yet!?

I am signed up for the webmaster tools and have submitted the sitemap but still nothing, all that it says in the data is N/A.

Please can you help me to understand why this is the case?

Thanks

Matt
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:06 AM

Answers

• Matthew,

Something is preventing us from reaching your site. I am receiving errors four out of five times. 

Jason,

How old is your site? It is well known that we are quite a bit slower picking up new sites. 
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:22 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:22 PM

All replies

• Does anyone have any suggestions please? Seems to be a pretty common problem on this forum, but is there a fix?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!
    Monday, April 20, 2009 11:22 PM
  • Hear hear,

I posted yesterday and not a sound from anyone.

I've just launched my own digital marketing company so not getting indexed is embarrassing to say the least.

All guidelines followed, valid XHTML, no spammy content or dodgy SEO tricks going on so what is the issue?

Help.

Jase

http://www.brooksdigitalmarketing.co.uk
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:30 AM
  • Matthew,

Something is preventing us from reaching your site. I am receiving errors four out of five times. 

Jason,

How old is your site? It is well known that we are quite a bit slower picking up new sites. 
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:22 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:22 PM
  • Brett,

Thanks for coming back to me, what are the errors that you are getting? If you have the specific errors that would be great and I can get our technical guy on the case, I wasnt aware we had any

Thanks

Matt
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:43 PM
  • Your tech guy probably set up a bot trap to keep the undesirables out.

MSN's latest stealth crawler behaves just like the filth you are trying to keep out.

If someone was able to get to your site 4 out of 5 times, it means the site works. The likely problem is MS got themselves banned (msnbot ignores robots.txt and goes wherever it wants regardless of your wishes) at 4 different addresses, so you'll probably want to check your bottrap and see if MS got banned while breaking your site's rules.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:12 PM
  • That was a very good point, I hadn't thought of that! But I have just checked with the them and no bot trap is installed, so it can't be that! Oh the fun of it all!

Brett,

I have been asked to ask you do you have a log of what time you tried to access the site and what URL or URLs you were trying?  If you know this then we can look at the logs from our end!

It seems abit weird that it is just msn that is having problems accessing the site as its cached in the majority of search engines.

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:57 PM
  • The other search engines were built by competent programmers. Nothing weird about it.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:47 PM
  • Brett,

Do you have any log information about accessing the site? Please see previous post!
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 10:20 AM
  • Brett,

Do you have anymore information for me??? A simple "we could not get to the site" seems abit of a lack lustre answer, as it has been months now and all the other search engines can seem to get to it so why not msn?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:53 AM
  • I am the owner of http://www.usbflash.co.uk and have not been indexed on msn for months now!

This is getting extremelly frustrating, as I am sure it is for all the other people who are not getting indexed!

It has been months now and still no sign of being indexed, I have msn tools and the site is not blocked and there have been no visits! Infact nearly every field in the tools just says N/A! What is going on??

I posted a thread a few weeks back and got an answer of "Something is preventing us from reaching your site. I am receiving errors four out of five times" ? Well what are these errors because other search engines dont seem to be having these problems?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/webmastercrawling/thread/ee306a7a-998c-4422-bd60-144dcc913ffd

The economy is hard and businesses are going down the drain everyday, so to not be indexed by one of the "major" search engines is a BIG issue!

Brett,

Please can you tell us what these errors you are receiving are? We really need to get these issues resolved!
    • Edited by Matthew Money Sunday, May 3, 2009 12:21 PM typo
    • Merged by Brett Yount Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:26 AM same topic
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 12:20 PM
  • Hi, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I was out due to a family emergency that lasted longer than anticipated. Could you email me at lswmc@microsoft.com with your domain name in the subject line and I will troubleshoot this with you offline.

Thanks for your understanding.

Brett
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:29 AM
  • Matthew,

sent an email to your support account from my personal account.
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:29 PM