Lost product key/ live ID/ uninstalled the first installation RRS feed

• Question

• you gotit.......I have had it with this situation. I need to know how to get the software I paid $49.95 onto this computer. I am 10 days away from the end of the trial period and I paid circuit city to install it and they put it in the Beta and now they are out of business. I uninstalled the original because I tried to install from the disk and it said I coud not due to the existing software so you know what I did? Right. I uninstalled it losing the Live ID they used to install it. HELP
    Friday, January 23, 2009 1:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Ranger65, check the outside of your computer case to see if they put a product key sticker on it. If you find the sticker you can contact support to retrieve the Live ID and password. How to reaaaaaach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

If you cannot find a product key sticker send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line and a link to this thread to jrap107@msn.com and I may be able to help resolve this issue.

Jim
    Friday, January 23, 2009 2:21 PM
  • If the techs at Circuit City followed their own documented procedures, they provided you with a piece of paper when they delivered your PC that included the LiveID and password for your OneCare subscription.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, January 23, 2009 3:44 PM