Issue while creating new proposal. RRS feed

• Question

• Good day.

I have installed project server 2007 sp3.

Im creating new proposal. It seems like all finished fine(i can see proposal in Proposal and Activities view) but in queue log i have error for my new proposal. Job type - Project create proposal, status - failed but not blocking correlation.

Error

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <tt><errinfo></tt>
    <tt> <general></tt>
    <tt>   <class name="Queue"></tt>
    <tt>     <error id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" uid="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" JobUID="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" ComputerName="xxxxxxxxx" GroupType="CreateProposalProject" MessageType="CreateProposalWssListItemMessage" MessageId="2" Stage="" /></tt>
    <tt>   </class></tt>
    <tt> </general></tt>
    <tt></errinfo></tt>

ULS log

Failed job type: CreateProposalProject. Failed sub-job type: CreateProposalWssListItemMessage. Failed sub-job ID: 2. Stage where sub-job failed

After this failed job there are number of success jobs for the same project, like Project Publish, WSS Workspace Create.

Best regards,

Chernobrivec.

Monday, September 12, 2011 2:31 PM

Answers

• Good day.

I solved this problem.

It occured, that some problem was in proposal aproval workflow. After item was added to Proposal proxy list no workflow was started and not item was created in tasks list. I had to delete workflow and create new. This solved the problem.

Thank you very much for help.

Best regards,

Chernobrivec.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Chernobrivec.

What errors do you see in ULS?
    Error 26000 is ageneral error in project server 2007. Are you using a custom project workspace template for project sites? I see the issue is with CreateProposalWssListItemMessage job. do you have the template created using any out of box field deleted? The best thing which I understand that the default Risk and Issue Lists should not have any fields removed or renamed. You can hide the fields if you do not want them, but do not remove them.

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Good day.

Thank you for your answer.

That is all errors that i've found. In my first post u can see uls log entry.

I will check custom template.

Best regards,

Chernobrivec.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Good day.

I solved this problem.

It occured, that some problem was in proposal aproval workflow. After item was added to Proposal proxy list no workflow was started and not item was created in tasks list. I had to delete workflow and create new. This solved the problem.

Thank you very much for help.

Best regards,

Chernobrivec.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:16 PM