none
WHS and ISA2006 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anybody has any experience configuring ISAserver2006 for WHS? Remote acces won't work, all I get is the announcement that there is a non PnP firewall present (.NET as ISA is). Can not reach the https homepage. When I place WHS after my ISAserver and between Netgear router it all works beutifully (as expected...). I think its worthwhile figuring it this out. What am I missing? or is it a 'mission impossible'? PLEASE let me know how!!?!
    If I should find the answer myself I'll post it. Guuske
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:10 PM

Answers

• Agree!! to baldly go where no one's gone before! I also have an WS2003R2 with AD and a WS2003 for the IIS bit  running at my home garded in the front by ISA.
    But I fell deeply for the HP495 and WHS (saves me a lot of money on my energy bill!!) I'll keep on trying!
    thanks,  to be continued....
    • Marked as answer by Guuske Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:04 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Guuske Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Guuske Monday, February 15, 2010 3:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:03 PM

All replies

• You need to forward ports 80, 443, and 4125 to your server. Beyond that, I'll suggest you ask in the Forefront fora.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:31 PM
  • Thanks for the post, helpfull but raises all other kinds of questions... like how do I publish websites on my WHS throug ISA? I don't like using remote acces on port 80 (call me paranoid..) How should I configure those settings on my servers... hmmm? :)

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:38 PM
  • ISA is a part of Forefront, which isn't supported on Windows Home Server (and not something that you will find in an average home environment :) ). That's why I directed you to those fora. As for how to configure your web sites on Windows Home Server, the only web site that needs to be published is the one that supports the Remote Access web site. If you have a need for a general purpose web/application server (i.e. you want to add sites to Windows Home Server), Windows Home Server isn't your best choice (really; Windows Home Server is not Windows Server 2003 Lite, even though WS2003 is the base OS). Look into Windows Server 2008 instead. 

I honestly highly recommend trying it yourself, both for the learning experience and because it's entirely possible that nobody else has done what you're trying to do (and if someone has, again the Forefront fora are the likely place to find them). You could expand the boundaries of Windows Home Server knowledge, which is always a good thing...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:00 PM
  • Agree!! to baldly go where no one's gone before! I also have an WS2003R2 with AD and a WS2003 for the IIS bit  running at my home garded in the front by ISA.
    But I fell deeply for the HP495 and WHS (saves me a lot of money on my energy bill!!) I'll keep on trying!
    thanks,  to be continued....
    • Marked as answer by Guuske Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:04 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Guuske Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Guuske Monday, February 15, 2010 3:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:03 PM