Vista refund/trade in for XP

• I have currently been using Vista 64bit home edition for about 4 months now.  I am getting to the the point where i feel that the money that i spent for the OS was a complete waste, as i should have purchased a standard 32 bit version of XP.  I built this computer my self, its a 2.8 ghz 64 bit X2 processor 2 gigs of ram 8600GTS video card, with supporting hardware.

this computer should be blazing fast, it meets and exeedes all of vistas requirements.  The problem is that its a terrible os, no matter what i do none of my most used programs work, or barely work, game fps is terrible.  Id rather have windows 3.11 again, thats how bad this os sucks.  I have run tests on the harddrive, ram, and video card, and have no problems.  everything runs cool, yet i still have a slow and poorly running machine.

the only thing that would pacify me would be a copy of windows XP home, pro, doesnt matter, as I feel ripped off by purchasing a infeirer product, that is marketed to be remakably beter than XP.

you can email me at

thanks for any input, consideration, and even your time.  but not for your sorry operating system.
    Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:40 AM

All replies