My Site Suddenly Drops Indexing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, MSN forum members

I had submitted my website http://www.comfortinnsunset.com/ in MSN Webmaster tool in December. But after submitting, in webmaster tool, i had noticed that my website looses ranking. Before submitting in webmaster tool, my site ranks well in MSN, but after submitting my site OUT'S from the Top 100 results.

Also my site also drops indexing also, before submitting my site has 10 index pages in MSN but now i have only 1 page index.. I can't understand why it is happening. Can anybody tell me that did i done some thing wrong by submitting my site in Webmaster tool.

Jeremiah Plz reply me.

Regards

Shailendra Dubey

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you guys had better results lately?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:50 PM

All replies

• This is essentially exactly what happened to our promotional products website.  For a week we had no data in the tools, then it slowly came back but the page was never re-indexed and the bot almost never came to the site.  We removed the site from the live tools and had close to 1k visits over a week but nothing changed in the serps.  As soon as we added it back into live tools the visits have ceased beyond the bot pinging the authorization file.

I don't think Jeremiah is lying, I just don't think he has any answers regarding the problem.  All the talk surrounding live involved an expanding index and it's pretty clear it's a mess.  Shockingly yesterday we had a paid click from live, when I went and checked we'd left the ads running and in 30 days had 7 clicks...running the same ads elsewhere would yield 100x that.  We're not the only ones having problems.

Friday, January 18, 2008 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

Have you guys had better results lately?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:50 PM
  • One site that I added last month had over 2,600 pages indexed by Live search.  Then I submitted a sitemap directly through the webmaster interface and had about 1,700 pages removed from the index.  At least that is according to the numbers in the webmaster interface.

My Live.com referrals have also dropped because of this.  Kind of stupid to think that by providing an updated sitemap that it would kill existing listings.  I should have just left it alone.  My keyword rankings WERE tremendous, now they are gone.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:29 AM