Failed to load rich media, please restart the app RRS feed

• Question

• I have moved temporarily pictures from my CameraRoll called Blink* to the folder on my PC, after moving back I cannot edit blinks which are visible within the preview mosaic they are not triggering, showing up message "Failed to load rich media, please restart the app" then Blink loops, OK button does not close the message, and restart does not help,where should I search for these "rich media", why Blink does not backup to OneDrive automatically and how can I get my family blinks from the Xmas which I hadn't generated ad-hoc? Lumia 1020. Please, can you explain that Blink mechanics to me? Thanks! /BR,Mariusz
    • Edited by Jaroszek Saturday, January 3, 2015 10:19 AM
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Sorry that you are having issues with Blink. I am not exactly sure why moving the images in the camera roll and back would cause issues, the actual Blinks are stored in the app's isolated storage. If you moved to a new phone, then backup and restore should get your app data back. If you deleted the app, then all data is lost. Unfortunately, we have to reply on the WP backup and restore mechanism at this time, apart from creating a custom backup and restore solution ourselves.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:45 PM