Multiple e-mail addresses for my Contacts? RRS feed

• Question

• How do i add multiple e-mail addresses for my contacts in CRM?

Using CRM 4.0.

Rgds,

Sanjeev.

Sanjeev.
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:04 PM

Answers

• CRM 4.0 contacs have three email address fields but only one is shown on the standard form. So you'll need to customise the form to add the other two email address fields.

Note that all the e-mail sending features of CRM will only use the primary e-mail address.

Regards,

Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:06 PM

All replies

• CRM 4.0 contacs have three email address fields but only one is shown on the standard form. So you'll need to customise the form to add the other two email address fields.

Note that all the e-mail sending features of CRM will only use the primary e-mail address.

Regards,

Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:06 PM
  • Neil,

That is true, sort of. If the primary email address (emailaddress1) field is populated, most email functions will use that. If not, emailaddress2 will be used. I think email address 3 will be used if neither 1 nor 2 are populated with an email address.

I believe that you can use either emailaddress1 or 2 when sending emails using the mail merge option, but I haven't seen this myself...

Ian.

Ian Carter

UNIT4 Business Software

My Twitter

My Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:50 PM
  • Hi,

I'm looking for some informaiton on sending emails to non primary email addresses and came across this thread. I hope someone can help!

A customer sent us an email which came from his secondary email address saved in our CRM, but when we replied the reply went to his primary. It was always my understanding that email replied would go to the address from which they originated rather than just picking up the primary. Can somone confirm how I should be expecting it to send?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Is it possible to email a contact at all three email addresses by concatenating them? Or can emailaddress1 be customised so that you can enter more than one address e.g. joebloggs@hotmail.co.uk;joebloggs@gmail.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:37 AM