none
Convert incoming email to case using code

Question

• Hi!

I want to convert incoming emails to cases (incidents) in a structured way. I would preferably use the builtin functionality for this, but I need to call it in code. Is there any messages supporting this? I'm looking for something á la a ConvertEmailToIncidentRequest, but I can't find anything in the SDK.

Do I need to write code to create the cases, implement my own rules, and close the email? Or is there some easier way to accomplish this?

Thursday, August 20, 2015 6:31 AM

All replies

• I know this post dates back to 2015, but I thought I'd update this post as this seems to be a common requirement in Dynamics. After coming across this post, we decided to use Email Parser which helps you parse incoming emails/email attachments.

As I said in my other post, we extracted row data (lead per row) from Excel using Parserr and were then able to send that straight to Dynamics 365 automatically through Zapier.

Full disclosure - through talking to the founder of the business, Im happy to vouch for them and help them along. Which is what Im doing here.

Friday, March 17, 2017 12:34 PM