none
Tags with slashes don't work RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have twice tried to create a thread with the tag
    C++/CLI
    and the post succeeds, but I get this message:
    The thread was created successfully but the tag was not created successfully.
    I assume it is the slash that is doing it.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:09 PM

All replies

• Sounds about right. Any reason that this couldn't be 2 seperate tags (that is, use a space rather than /). As far as I know, the tagging system does not support most punctuation.
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:01 AM
  • C++/CLI is a programming language.  One of the 4 supported by Visual Studio.  C++ CLI is two tags, they each mean something completely different.  Being able to tag threads with the proper name of your programming language on a programming forum is kinda important.  Mr. O'Brian probably agrees.
    Hans Passant.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 5:23 AM
  • Sorry, I haven't done any C++ in 12-13 years. I just looked it up and I see what you mean...
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 5:48 AM
  • Microsoft needs to at least reply to these and acknowledge that they are bugs and say they will fix it, or not.  I go out of my way to report bugs when I find them, and it is very thankless work since I usually get no reply.  At least say "yeah, sorry, thanks for the report."  Then I can walk around feeling like I made the world .00000000001% better, rather than that I just wasted my time.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 3:32 PM