none
Certification Training Recommendations Help RRS feed

• Question

• I will be taking some training in the local area and I would like to go for a .net certification primarily focus in C#.  I was advised to go for 70-511.  I am concerned that 70-483 has replaced many certifications. In your opinion, would 70-511 be a good place to start for my first Microsoft certification track?
    Sunday, April 6, 2014 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

in my opinion 70-511 is a good starting point to get a grasp of Microsoft exams. If you're more an app developer (f.e. for Windows Store Apps) you should go with 70-483. It also depends on where you want to go from there. You should look for a certification track that fits your needs (MCSD, MCPD, etc.) and then look for the best exam to start.

For further questions the Training and Certification forum is the right place to ask.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Marked as answer by LluvianBlack Monday, April 7, 2014 12:30 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 8:44 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi LluvianBlack,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum.

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual C# language. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 7, 2014 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

in my opinion 70-511 is a good starting point to get a grasp of Microsoft exams. If you're more an app developer (f.e. for Windows Store Apps) you should go with 70-483. It also depends on where you want to go from there. You should look for a certification track that fits your needs (MCSD, MCPD, etc.) and then look for the best exam to start.

For further questions the Training and Certification forum is the right place to ask.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Marked as answer by LluvianBlack Monday, April 7, 2014 12:30 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 8:44 AM
    Answerer