window 7 validation RRS feed

• Question

• thanks
    • Edited by jesthon Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:05 PM
    • Changed type jesthon Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:52 PM pls close my post about privacy
    Friday, February 18, 2011 2:42 PM

Answers

• "jesthon" wrote in message news:1f4d6807-2f51-489c-bda5-a5259b27323f...
    but my license is oem license key it is genuine yes my pc is old but why is it that it is not genuine?

AS you've been told before, computers manufactured prior to the release of Win 7 cannot possibly have valid installations of OEM_SLP software.
    OEM_SLP software is ONLY installed at time of manufacture by large OEM's - your machine was built before even Vista was in Alpha, let alone production, and long before Win7 was anything other than a gleam in a developer's eye.

The Key may be genuine - but it's not valid, now, nor was it ever, and nor will it ever be, on your computer. Someone must have installed an enabling hack for it to be showing as genuine, since there is an apparent SLIC table present in the BIOS - and SLIC tables were not invented when your BIOS was created.

Please give up this paper-chase, and buy  a legal copy of Win 7, or revert to the OS that your machine came with.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:53 AM

All replies

• can i install service pack in my window 7 how long it takes to be genuine..some says it is not genuine
    Friday, February 18, 2011 2:43 PM
  • If you are not getting any warnings about nongenuine Windows now, you shouldn't after installing SP1.  You do appear to have a blocked Office volume license key.

SP1 will be offered on Windows Update and for downloading by the general public next Tuesday. Do not download copies offered by the various non Microsoft websites. From what I have been seeing on the TechNet SP1 forum there are the usual installation issues coming up (Technet subscribers got SP1 this week). I suggest you wait and watch what others are running into before plunging in.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, February 18, 2011 11:33 PM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 5:48 PM
    Answerer
  • "jesthon" wrote in message news:ee5d5c02-9da2-47fe-953c-332a9af3cb7c...

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2
    Windows Product Key Hash: W5/6nm6F2UPXrCkY5xUhXb/+21g=
    Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001

Other data-->
    SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Compaq</Manufacturer><Model>Evo D310v</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Compaq</Manufacturer><Version>686O2 v3.12</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20021030000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS>

We've been through this before - THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOUR INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 7 CAN EVER BE GENUINE!
    Your PC is too old to support an OEM_SLP License - and NOTHING you do will ever change that!

--

Friday, February 18, 2011 11:51 PM
  • you men after installing on that my window 7 apear to be non genuine?

Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:47 AM
  • "jesthon" wrote in message news:ab611fd7-b9e2-48c1-a3cc-3ec2cdc4be95...

you men after installing on that my window 7 apear to be non genuine?

It doesn't 'appear to be' non genuine - it IS non-genuine, as you;ve been told many time before.

--

Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:51 AM
  • but my license is oem license key it is genuine yes my pc is old but why is it that it is not genuine?
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:40 AM
  • "jesthon" wrote in message news:1f4d6807-2f51-489c-bda5-a5259b27323f...
    but my license is oem license key it is genuine yes my pc is old but why is it that it is not genuine?

AS you've been told before, computers manufactured prior to the release of Win 7 cannot possibly have valid installations of OEM_SLP software.
    OEM_SLP software is ONLY installed at time of manufacture by large OEM's - your machine was built before even Vista was in Alpha, let alone production, and long before Win7 was anything other than a gleam in a developer's eye.

The Key may be genuine - but it's not valid, now, nor was it ever, and nor will it ever be, on your computer. Someone must have installed an enabling hack for it to be showing as genuine, since there is an apparent SLIC table present in the BIOS - and SLIC tables were not invented when your BIOS was created.

Please give up this paper-chase, and buy  a legal copy of Win 7, or revert to the OS that your machine came with.

--

Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:53 AM
  • pls close it
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:53 PM