Visual Studio 2010 RTM - Sync Framework Designer? RRS feed

• Question

• In Visual Studio 2008 there is a Sync Framework designer for SQL CE to remote SQL Server (It is in the Data section called 'Local Data Cache').

Will there a similar designer for Sync Framework 2.0 in Visual Studio 2010 RTM ?

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:42 AM

Answers

• Stevish, We are currently engaged with the Visual Studio team to determine how we might go about improving the tooling for both new and existing scenarios. Unfortunately, we so not have any additional details that can be discussed at this time. While Sync Framework v1 was checked into Dev10, no changes were made to improve the tooling experience. Please stay tuned to our blog for details related to this topic. Regards,
    Sean Kelley
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:20 PM

All replies

• Stevish, We are currently engaged with the Visual Studio team to determine how we might go about improving the tooling for both new and existing scenarios. Unfortunately, we so not have any additional details that can be discussed at this time. While Sync Framework v1 was checked into Dev10, no changes were made to improve the tooling experience. Please stay tuned to our blog for details related to this topic. Regards,
    Sean Kelley
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:20 PM
  • Ok thanks, I'll be waiting patiently.

I see that there is an Azure designer in beta2 , so I am hoping there will be a similar v2 designer for sql server.
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 9:20 AM