How to watch recorded tv through the browser? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I might be confused, but how do I access my recorded tv from the vail web browser access page? I want to watch them from the browser interface... In the media library group I only see videos, music and pictures... not recorded tv. I see it on the "shared folders" group, but then it can't watch it from within the browser!

I reli don't care about watching my videos on the web, but I really want to be able to see the recorded tv shows!

kind regards

Henrik

Henrik
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:18 AM

Answers

• It will be available through the Silverlight player but, as is documented in the Getting Started guide and elsewhere in this forum, these files require transcoding and the codecs are not available in this build. So the files are, at the moment, not supported though they will be in some future build.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:58 AM

All replies

• through IE? I doubt that will ever happen.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 07:18:08 +0000, Henrik Nordgren wrote:

>
    >
    >Hi!
    >
    >I might be confused, but how do I access my recorded tv from the vail web browser access page? I want to watch them from the browser interface... In the media library group I only see videos, music and pictures... not recorded tv. I see it on the "shared folders" group, but then it can't watch it from within the browser!
    >
    >I reli don't care about watching my videos on the web, but I really want to be able to see the recorded tv shows!
    >
    >kind regards
    >
    >Henrik
    >Henrik

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:50 AM
  • It will be available through the Silverlight player but, as is documented in the Getting Started guide and elsewhere in this forum, these files require transcoding and the codecs are not available in this build. So the files are, at the moment, not supported though they will be in some future build.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:58 AM
  • Hi!

I am eagerly awaiting a new version of Vail then :)

cheers

Henrik
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:01 PM
  • well, hopefully if we ever GET another build, Twonky and other similar products
    will work so that the Silverlight only restriction is removed. Twonky now works
    with Plug Player and Vail, but I can't watch recorded tv. Fortunately Air Video
    does work for recorded tv now.

I wish that someday we could live in a world where all this proprietary format
    stuff wouldn't be an issue.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:58:51 +0000, Ken Warren [MVP] wrote:

>It will be available through the Silverlight player but, as is documented in the Getting Started guide and elsewhere in this forum, these files require transcoding and the codecs are not available in this build. So the files are, at the moment, not supported though they will be in some future build.

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:11 PM