Continue to get "A Connector Upgrade Is Available" on Vista Home Premium SP1 Machine RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently installed PP1 and then installed connectors on 3 XP SP3 machines and one Vista Home Premium SP1 machine.  The XP installs went great, and the Vista one did too with one exception.  After installing the connector, the WHS reports that the Vista machine needs to upgrade the connector.  I've run Setup.exe from the proper directory on the WHS, but after the install completes, I receive the same message each time.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:47 AM

Answers

• I have resolved the issue.  Problem was actually one of the XP machines with a similar name that needed to have the connector software updated.  After doing this, the network health turned green again and has stayed that way for the past hour.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:59 AM

All replies

• PLEASE File a bug with logs from your PC with exact repro steps of what you did - the team would like to see your logs and understand how you got to where you are at ...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:49 AM
  • Please post your bug number here so the community can track the status.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:10 PM
  • I created the CAB file for the server, but when trying to do so on the laptop, I got a message that the Error Reporting program had died.  It listed a place where the Talq.zip file is located, but I'm not sure how to send it in.  Any suggestions?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:24 AM
  • I have resolved the issue.  Problem was actually one of the XP machines with a similar name that needed to have the connector software updated.  After doing this, the network health turned green again and has stayed that way for the past hour.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:59 AM