Technical support in India. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Do you QC these people?  See the responses below:

Your answer has nothing to do with my e-mail.  I have forwarded all the information regarding this incident to Microsoft HQ. What they choose to do with it is not my concern.  I just want them to be aware of the kind of inferior support they are providing.  I have been using Microsoft products for over 20 years and ever since they outsourced their technical support I have never had a problem resolve through the outsourced support team just like this one.  You did not resolve the problem, I did.  You were of absolutely no help and you want to charge for this.  Someone in the US has to do something about this they risk alienating anyone they deal with.  As swoon as an alternative to Microsoft becomes available it wouldn’t surprise me that everyone will jump ship.  I know that I would.  The only support team that is outsourced by Microsoft is Canada and even the US could take a lesson from them.  There is no need to reply.  All you are doing is aggravating an already bad situation.

Sincerely,

Dick LaFrance
    St. Paul Travelers
    Reporting & Application Development
    Senior Business Systems Analyst
    Phone: (860) 277-3069
    Fax: (860) 277-2158
    E-mail: rlafran2@travelers.com

This message and any attachments are confidential to the recipients of the e-mail to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you receive this message in error please immediately delete it and all copies from your system, destroy any hard copies and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

From: Microsoft Online Customer Service [mailto:CNTUS.PRCS.NA.00.EN.TRA.BGL.CS.T01.CUS.00.WB@css.one.microsoft.com]
    Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 2:08 PM
    To: LaFrance,Richard A
    Subject: RE: SRX1064752663ID - Access 2003 Compact and Repair after installing Opffice Professional Service Pack 3

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.

I appreciate the time taken to write back to us.

We would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us feedback.

We strive very hard to provide the best technical support in the business while recognizing our exceptional support staff.

We are very appreciative of your using Microsoft Products for your needs. We hope that you will continue using our products knowing that they are all backed by excellent technical support.

In the future, if you have any concerns, please do write to us.

Thank you.

Ragin

Microsoft Customer Service Representative

If you have any feedback about your Online Customer Service experience, please send them to my manager, Justus Joy at http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6998852  Please do not forget to indicate the name of my manager in the subject field. 

--- Original Message ---
    Sent : Friday, April 18, 2008 1:56:05 PM UTC
    To : "Microsoft Online Customer Service"
    Subject : RE: SRX1064752663ID - Access 2003 Compact and Repair after installing Opffice Professional Service Pack 3

Raghavendra,

I have worked around the issue, no thanks to your support technicians, by using system restore to remove Office Service Pack 3 and restore Office Pack Service Pack 2 and that fixed my issue.  At this point I reported a bug.  If you want to fix it, it is up to Microsoft.  I am not paying to report a bug to your support people in hopes of getting a refund.  That is absolutely nonsense.  Fix it or not I don’t care.  It is in fact a bug and you can do as you will.  Your response is exactly the type of response I expected from Microsoft.  You solicit customer feed back then you want to charge for it.

I searched all of Microsoft to find a patch or a fix to this issue in Office Service Pack 3 and couldn’t find one.  It is sad that when a consumer tries to give you the feedback necessary to help you eliminate problems that he is treated this way.  Do what you will.

Please send a copy of this to Microsoft in the US.  They need to know how their loyal customers are treated by India.

Sincerely,

Dick LaFrance
    St. Paul Travelers
    Senior Business Systems Analyst

This message and any attachments are confidential to the recipients of the e-mail to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you receive this message in error please immediately delete it and all copies from your system, destroy any hard copies and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

From: Microsoft Online Customer Service [mailto:CNTUS.PRCS.NA.00.EN.TRA.BGL.CS.T01.CUS.00.WB@css.one.microsoft.com]
    Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 9:26 AM
    To: LaFrance,Richard A
    Subject: RE: SRX1064752663ID - Access 2003 Compact and Repair after installing Opffice Professional Service Pack 3

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.  Microsoft is committed to listening to our customers and partners and improving our products and services.  

Due to the volume of product feedback we receive, we cannot guarantee individual responses to all bug submissions, but we do appreciate your input.  Your submission has been forwarded to the appropriate group for review.

If the issue that you have encountered is having a significant impact on your ability to use our product, please contact technical support.  If a support professional determines that there is a defect in our product normal support charges will be refunded.

To locate the contact options for your region please click the following link then select the appropriate product. http://support.microsoft.com/selectindex/?target=assistance

If you have other concerns, please feel free to write back.

Thank you,

Raghavendra

Microsoft Customer Service Representative

If you have any feedback about your Online Customer Service experience, please send them to my manager, Zafar Iqbal, at http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6998852 Please do not forget to indicate the name of my manager in the subject field.

--- Original Message ---
    Sent : Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:11:13 PM UTC
    To : CNTUS.MNGR.NA.00.EN.TRA.BGL.CS.T01.CUS.00.WB@css.one.microsoft.com
    Subject : Access 2003 Compact and Repair after installing Opffice Professional Service Pack 3

CUSTOMER PROVIDED SYSTEM PROPERTIES
    Country/Region: United States

CONTACT INFORMATION
    First Name: Richard
    Last Name: LaFrance

SUBSCRIBER INFORMATION
    ID: 1064734632

QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

The system restore worked and restored the machine to a point that Office Service Pack 3 was not installed.  Returning Access 2003 to Service Pack 2 restored the compact and repair function.  I am not really happy with how my problem was handled.  I tried to report a bug, which I know it is a bug in the Service Pack and it seemed like you were just trying to get me to pay for support.  I just installed your service pack and wasn’t looking for a run around just a solution.  As usual I didn’t get it from Microsoft.  Believe me if I had a choice I wouldn’t use any Microsoft products or most importantly the support.

This is a bug and needs a fix.  Please advise me when the patch is ready and where to get it.

Sincerely,
    Richard A. LaFrance
    St. Paul Travelers
    Senior Business Systems Analyst

==============================================================================
    This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.

==============================================================================
    The Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 04/18/08, 09:51:04.

• Changed type Carl-S Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:55 PM
    Friday, April 18, 2008 6:27 PM