Becoming a Microsoft Certified Trainer / A+ Trainer RRS feed

• Question

• I recently recieved my A+ certification and want to teach that praticular course as well as MS courses, what must I do? How should I proceed?

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

Well, if you want to teach official MS courses, you need to become MCT (Certified Trainer) and of course be an MCP before.

Have a look at the page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct/guide/default.mspx

This page gives you detailed explanation what to do in order to become an MCT. It may seem quite complicated, but in fact is very easy.

I'd recomend you review that page and ask us all the questions you'll have :)

hope this helps a bit

cheers,
    Ben
    **finis coronat opus**
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Well, if you want to teach official MS courses, you need to become MCT (Certified Trainer) and of course be an MCP before.

Have a look at the page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct/guide/default.mspx

This page gives you detailed explanation what to do in order to become an MCT. It may seem quite complicated, but in fact is very easy.

I'd recomend you review that page and ask us all the questions you'll have :)

hope this helps a bit

cheers,
    Ben
    **finis coronat opus**
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:12 AM
  • And to add to Ben's post, anyone can teach CompTIA courses without holding a trainer certification. So if you are looking to get into the classroom today and teach, A+ would be the class to get your feet wet.
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:05 PM
  • Ben and Mike,

Thank you very much for your help, I will follow you tips.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:59 PM
  • Michael, so do you mean it's not necessary to get the CT++ certification to become the MCT state?
    So do you mean you need just a bit practical experience on compTIA courses and that's all?

Because this CT++ course costs really a lot...that's the reason why I can't proceed with the MCT.

(I've read the link before...just to clarify)

Thanks, regards
    Albert Frick

MCSE+S; MCITP:SA,EA; MCITP: EMA Switzerland
    Monday, April 20, 2009 6:48 PM
  • Correct. You do not need CompTIA's CTT+. It is only one of 4 options that you can pursue. See http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mct/guide/default.mspx#DEMOSTRATE

Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:49 AM
  • Dear Michael,

Ok, i see.

Option 3. Prove that you are an experienced technical trainer

Provide evidence of your certified instructor credential from any one of these vendors:

Microsoft (former MCT)

Cisco Systems

Citrix

Novell

Oracle

Thanks,
    Regards
    Albert Frick
    MCSE+S; MCITP:SA,EA; MCITP: EMA Switzerland
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:27 PM
  • Hi Dear,

You can apply for big training institutes like Koenig Solutions, Global Knowledge etc. They Always have opening in their branches.

You can directly contact them.

or

You can make your profile on Job portals like: shine, indeed etc.

They also provides good response.

Thanks,

Michael

Monday, March 2, 2015 9:10 AM