none
Direct Access vs Stand Alone (prefab) box vs VPN

General discussion

• Our company has been using VPN for many years and I'm in need of upgrading the FW that we have because of the problems with the old client not working correctly on the newer OS. I have 15 users, but only 5-6 would be online at the same time on any given day.

I have been pricing out stand alone, prefab boxes (such as a Barracuda) vs getting a stand alone 2012 server. I've also thought about buying a new FW so I could get an upgraded client.

1) The features of Direct Access really are the best. No need for a client install. Seamless. So a prefab box is nice but the costs are high. Some require a yearly fee to include upgrades and replacements.

2) I could do a Direct Access 2012 server. I can get a new Dell server for the same price as the standalone (Barracuda) for the same price and no need for extra costs

3) A new FW most likely would not give me Direct Access , at least I haven't found one in my price range. The new VPN client would be the only reason I needed this option. It is also a cheaper option to #1.

So I'd like to get some feedback on the experiences of others. I really prefer the MS Direct Access and I have a budget of $1200.

• Edited by pcdbb Friday, June 19, 2015 3:46 PM typo
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, June 19, 2015 7:55 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Friday, June 19, 2015 3:43 PM

All replies