none
70-740 Retake RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm a Tier 2 Helpdesk technician trying to advance my career, so I'm trying to catch up on a bunch of certifications and then push forward. To this end, I'm trying to complete my MCSA in Server 2016 and an MCSE in hardware virtualization and cloud infrastructure. I have about 10 years doing intermediate level helpdesk work but no experience with data centers and touch-and-go experience with server side infrastructure and maintenance. So I understand I'm trying to take 70-740, 70-741 and 70-742 at a severe disadvantage.

My last exam I got 616, with about 25 percent in implementing high availability, 45 percent in installing Windows Server in Host and Compute Environments, 50 percent in Implementing Hyper-V, nothing in Implementing Windows Containers, 45 percent in Maintain and Monitor Server Environments and  40 percent in Implementing Storage Solutions.

To that end, I realize that while my scores are rough across the board and improvement in almost any area could get me up about 30-40 points, Implementing High Availability is really what killed me during the exam. I have the recommended exam booklet for the 70-740 from the certification page but am looking for content regarding practical implementation that can point toward relevant Technet articles and less of the inundation of marketing materials for Server 2016 since I'm trying to get the concept of server administration and virtualization implementations in order to show I'm at least trainable on the job in a junior admin position.

I have a desktop running Windows 10 capable of running Hyper-V and a VM of Server 2016 and about three other cores to work with for lab experimentation. RAM is not a limiting factor at 16 GB.

If I need to dive into conceptual specifics to pass the exam, can I get some direction on where to look for materials?

Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:39 AM

All replies

• TestsChamp is offering services to make you Microsoft 70-740 certified with 100% success and money-back guarantee. The Microsoft 70-740 exam preparation material is available in two easy formats, PDF and Practice exam software. For More Details: https://www.testschamp.com/70-740.html
    Monday, December 23, 2019 10:20 AM