Product Key error RRS feed

• Question

•  

I recently purchased a Gateway Desktop from BestBuy with Vista preinstalled. I took it hopme set it up ans began using it. After a week or so a message came up stating that the product key entered was incorrect and I needed to enter in my product key. I entered the key attached to my computer and had no luck. I am currently lock out of my computer. What do I need to do?
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:55 AM

Answers

• You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:  slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5.  Once completed, restart your computer.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:34 AM

All replies

• You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:  slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation.

5.  Once completed, restart your computer.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:34 AM
  •  

I need help with Product Key  I can't work with out the Product Key
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:22 AM
  •  Harvest2 wrote:

I recently purchased a Gateway Desktop from BestBuy with Vista preinstalled. I took it hopme set it up ans began using it. After a week or so a message came up stating that the product key entered was incorrect and I needed to enter in my product key. I entered the key attached to my computer and had no luck. I am currently lock out of my computer. What do I need to do?
    Friday, December 14, 2007 3:08 PM
  • Hello. I have an HP computer. As on all the newest laptops, Windows Vista comes pre installed. Thus, the label with the Windows Vista product key shoud be valid. My problem is similar to the person above me with the Gateway computer. When I followed the instructions you listed Carey, the Windows Vista product key invalid window still pops up. How can I fix such an error that puts my computer in a reduced functioning state, and, avoid spending money on a new product key?

Saturday, December 15, 2007 4:27 AM
  • Please visit http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2557847&SiteID=25

and follow the excellent troubleshooting advice offered by Darin Smith [MS].

Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:05 AM
  • hy,I have an laptop and I can't activate my windows,it say's that my key can't be activated. I have this key since I have my laptop and i still can't make it work.I don't know what to do.
    Saturday, December 15, 2007 12:47 PM
  • I purchased a Toshiba laptop with windows vista preinstalled but now is not working and need the product key , although I entered it but not activated

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 10:38 PM
  •  

i am having the same problem..........what do I need to do
    Friday, January 4, 2008 1:37 AM