Trying to run Forest Prep from 32 bit DC fails with ERROR (0xC3EC78EF) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Trying to setup OCS 2007 R2 standard edition pilot. No previous OCs or LCS as far as I know.

Single forest and domain, some other domains trust the root domain. All DCs are Win 2003 32 bit (most SP2, one SP1).
    Using the "LcsCmd.exe /forest /action:ForestPrep /global:configuration" command and it fails with "ERROR (0xC3EC78EF): Can not relocate Office Communications Server Global Container." Also tried with the /groupdomain:<domain FQN>.

Searched web and MS and no other reports of this so far :(

Regards,
    JS.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:26 AM

Answers

• Liaising with Microsoft, it seems there are some LCS objects left hanging around from an old LCS exchange experiment. Unfortunately the Migration tool can't be used as my AD schema has already been updated to version 1008.

Ho hum, time for ADSIEDIT perhaps....... :(
    • Marked as answer by js_star Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:04 PM

All replies

• Further info - Ran the lcscmd command to do schema prep with success. Allowed overnight period for replication and all seems to be well. Stumbling at the next step in the "Using LcsCmd to Run Forest Preparation" section of the " Preparing Active Directory Domain Services for Office Communications Server 2007 R2" doc.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:04 AM
  • Liaising with Microsoft, it seems there are some LCS objects left hanging around from an old LCS exchange experiment. Unfortunately the Migration tool can't be used as my AD schema has already been updated to version 1008.

Ho hum, time for ADSIEDIT perhaps....... :(
    • Marked as answer by js_star Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:04 PM