Sync hierarchical data with Simple Providers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello community,

I am new at sync framework, so I hope you can help me to understand a synchronization with hierarchical data.

In my scenario, i have users and groups. They have to be synchronized in one direction (Store A --> Store B). The Datastores are both custom, so I need to implement a SimpleProvider (FullEnumeration or Acnhor-based) or a Standard Provider (KnowledgeSyncProvider).

My Data looks like:

Group 1 (class GroupInfo)

• User 1 (class UserInfo)
    • User 2

Group 2

• User 1
    • User 3

I've successfully implemented a FullEnumerationSimpleSyncProvider, to sync my groups with another FullEnumerationSimpleSyncProvider, where I don't care about the users. I've used the GroupInfo object to sync my both stores.

Of course, sync framework don't recognize a deleted or inserted user, because the users don't have their own Metadata (Id).

Now I don't really know, how to realize the hierarchical sync. I've read about flexible ID's and the special considerations for Hierarchical Data (to Article), but I don't really know, how to realize.

How can I sync the GroupInfo Object without loosing there User Assignments?

Can you give me some ideas or are there any best practices for this scenario?

Thank you very much!

• Edited by der sauger Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:04 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi der sauger

could you describe some more detail about your data structure?

I think sync framework could do sync for multiple IDs at the same time, so, why not assign an ID for each user, and do sync for both group and users at the same time?

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:58 AM