Just a quick question I couldn't find the answer to in Help RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey there, I just have a quick easy question that will hopefully calm my nerves.

I already have 3 PC's all successfully running this wonderful program, all linked to my Windows Live ID.  However, on Wednesday I am going to recieve a new laptop, on which I would love to install Windows Live Onecare on.  I know the limit per subscription is 3 computers, so I'm wondering - is it possible to uninstall Onecare on one of my other 3 PCs, then install it on this laptop and be able to make it take that 3rd slot?  Basically, I'm wondering if uninstalling on one machine then installing and activating on the other is the correct way to replace that last slot in my subscription.  Thanks a lot!

- Jeff

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:26 AM

Answers

• Yes, that is exactly the way to de-activate one computer and add another.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:30 AM

All replies

• Yes, that is exactly the way to de-activate one computer and add another.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:30 AM
  •  

Great, thanks a ton. =)
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:31 AM
  •  

Hi there Jeff,

You are correct in your assumptions. The total limit for OneCare is up to 3 PCs. Removing OneCare on one of your PCs and activating it on another computer should still count it as 3. But before you uninstall OneCare so as not to have any issues please use this link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=81699 , its the link for the OneCare cleanup tool. This tool will completely remove all of the components for OneCare on your other PC then you can continue in installing OneCare on a new PC and activate your subscription that.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:32 AM