I have big problems RRS feed

• Question

• I had gotten a virus in my laptop and it damaged all my windows so my laptop I couldn't even get into so I had to buy a new operating systems disc from dell. They said this would solve my issues. Yet it did solve being able to get into my laptop again but now It says my window's is not genuine. How can it not be genuine if my windows disc came directly from dell for my laptop? I don't understand alot of this and when I enter my product key it says it is invalid. Please help me out! Thank You!

Monday, June 7, 2010 5:10 AM

Answers

• "angelchudson" wrote in message news:eeaf1a58-8ad9-4394-9f4f-3b819d761363...

I had gotten a virus in my laptop and it damaged all my windows so my laptop I couldn't even get into so I had to buy a new operating systems disc from dell. They said this would solve my issues. Yet it did solve being able to get into my laptop again but now It says my window's is not genuine. How can it not be genuine if my windows disc came directly from dell for my laptop? I don't understand alot of this and when I enter my product key it says it is invalid. Please help me out! Thank You!

Did you enter a key when you installed Windows? - if not, then you're probably using the Default Key (which cannot be activated) - you need to change the Key to the one on the sticky label on the bottom of the laptop (or inside the battery compartment)

To confirm that this is your problem - please read the Announcements and Stickies at the top of the Index page, the post the MGADiag report here. We'll take a look and see what to do.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, June 7, 2010 9:17 AM