Service packs in exam 70-401 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

After some years of working with SMS aswell as some work in SCCM, i've decided its time to start getting some certifications.

Been searching around some, and got a little confused in regards to what is included and what not.

From another of the posts here i saw it said that R2/SP's are informed about in the "skills meassured" part of the exam(Found it in some exams), but some other posts it said that only obsolete features are removed from the exam, nothing more added (Sounds kinda strange but ok).

Now, on the Skills meassured in http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-401&locale=en-us#tab2 there is no mention of R2/SP's, this leads me to belive that its not in use in the exam.

However, in the "System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Product Feature Quizzes" i downloaded, R2 aswell as SP1 have separate "steps" in the quiz.

Personaly i've been using both sccm 2007 sp1, aswell as R2, so its not a problem, but would be nice to know for shure if its part of the exam or not :)

Best Regards

Eirik

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Eirik,

Here's my view on this. Exams are being processed pretty soon after the product releases. Most exams have testfases (beta exams) and that's where tuning is done. So once the exam goes into rtm nothing will be added without it being tested. The questions are based on the initial product and that's what the essence should be. So my guess would be that it is not a part of the exam.

Maurice

• Marked as answer by Eirik Bjarkøy Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:28 AM
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Eirik,

Here's my view on this. Exams are being processed pretty soon after the product releases. Most exams have testfases (beta exams) and that's where tuning is done. So once the exam goes into rtm nothing will be added without it being tested. The questions are based on the initial product and that's what the essence should be. So my guess would be that it is not a part of the exam.

Maurice

• Marked as answer by Eirik Bjarkøy Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:28 AM
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:32 PM
  • Thanks for the help. I'll put main focus on the other parts then, and just do a "glance" over the new items, so i know them but wont be spending all my time learning them :)

Next stop Certification time! hehe

B.R

Eirik

Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:28 AM