CRM 4.0 Customized Fields between lead and account RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 4.0 Internal.

We are setting up a test CRM to learn and develop with. We want to perform the below task and are having some issues.

We want to create custom fields that have relationships with other areas. An example would be: A custom field under "LEAD" called "% over 65". This would be some basic company specific information we want to gather at the time of lead generation.

We then want this field and the data in the field to carry over when the lead is converted to an account.

I am stumped on how to do this. I can create the field, modify the LEAD form and it shows. But now I need to know how to carry that data over when converted to an account.

I know this is a basic ability of the MS CRM system, but somehow I hit a wall here and am drawing a blank.

Steve

Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:47 PM

Answers

• Andriy,

Thanks for the reply. To make sure i understand correctly:

Create custom attribute in Lead. Then create a custom attribute in Account.

Then go into:

Settings-Customization-Customize Entities - Find and Open Lead Entity - open 1-N Relationships - open account_originating_lead relationship and open mappings tab

And link the 2 similar fields?

Is that correct?

Yes.
    Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hi, Steve.

You should use mapping. Do following:

Open CRM - Settings-Customization-Customize Entities - Find and Open Lead Entity - open 1-N Relationships - open account_originating_lead relationship and open mappings tab - add required mappings - then save and publish lead entity.

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:58 PM
  • In the relationship area for either the lead or account, locate the relationship between the entities. In here you can set the 'mapping'. This determines the fields that come across.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ 
    or hear me tweet @leontribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:59 PM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:59 PM
  • Andriy,

Then go into:

Settings-Customization-Customize Entities - Find and Open Lead Entity - open 1-N Relationships - open account_originating_lead relationship and open mappings tab

Is that correct?

Thursday, March 25, 2010 7:17 PM
  • Andriy,

Then go into:

Is that correct?

Yes.

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:13 PM