What's Your Windows Live One Care on ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Well the subscription supports 3 computers I got 2 in my circle already then I looked out the window staring at the Car It's got one of those windows Based navigation internet systems in it. this is not a dealer supported Idea. So I grabbed my coat went out to the car nav my way to One Care.com and members section add another pc and downloaded and installed One Care in the car with the wireless security enable the works  so there It's Windows Live One Care Every Where. 

Oh wait I forgot One Care not on my Xbox360 yet maybe down the pipe it will be.

Saturday, December 22, 2007 9:49 AM

All replies

• That's certainly an interesting place to have OneCare. Apparently, this is a full PC in the car, running Vista or XP, or it wouldn't be working.

-steve

Sunday, December 23, 2007 6:52 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

That's certainly an interesting place to have OneCare. Apparently, this is a full PC in the car, running Vista or XP, or it wouldn't be working.

-steve

It's running Windows NT on a 20gig the system is by phatnoise GM the hard drive pops out for a usb connection to store video music and pictures from a pc It's set to launch right up to phatnoises custom UI but if you know mouse short cuts and key commands you can get it to desktop view the dvd player is the dvd-rom and reads software like any other dvd-rom drive you can nav the web just like any browser using touch screen. It has a wireless Windows live Mobile connection through onstar which it shares connection. through the onstar hardware.

I got the circle working it behaves like it would if the computer out on the net it shows warnings but no remote features just alerts work. But when the car is running a really long id pc name appears in the circle on my home computer.

Monday, December 24, 2007 2:53 AM
  • If it running NT, it wouldn't be able to run OneCare, so it must be running XP...

-steve

Monday, December 24, 2007 3:45 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

If it running NT, it wouldn't be able to run OneCare, so it must be running XP...

-steve

It's hard to tell with the buttons on the dash and stuf.f It's hard to bring up the computer info panel the system pretty locked down. to bad the circle didn't display that info then we would know huh.

All I got out of phatnoise it's windows media based. that helped huh

Monday, December 24, 2007 3:55 PM
  • Ah, then it is probably Media Center Edition of XP. :-) Cool.

-steve

Monday, December 24, 2007 3:59 PM