none
Generating downloadable HTML file that displays charts RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently developing a Microsoft Outlook add-In for my bachelor thesis that runs through all the emails in a selected mailbox and gathers different information about the answering behaviour of the user.

What I want to do now is display all this information in a visually appealing manner, so I figured maybe I could generate a HTML file with lots of graphs and box plots etc.

I know I can create a HTML file with C# (e.g. with HTMLTextWriter), but I want to display complex graphs and I currently don't know if a fitting framework exists. Is there a way to do this?
    • Edited by Smadback Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:41 PM
    • Moved by Stanly Fan Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:12 AM from windows forms
    Saturday, August 5, 2017 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try MS Chart which in System.Web.DataVisualization Library, using  Chart.RenderControl to output chart control content .

HowTo: Use the new ASP.NET Chart Controls with ASP.NET MVC

If you have question about web form, asp.net.. please ask question in the asp.net forum. Here is the link:

https://forums.asp.net/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Bob

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Bob Ding Monday, August 7, 2017 3:22 AM
    Monday, August 7, 2017 3:19 AM