Time Reporting Periods crashed RRS feed

• Question

• I had a series of Periods defined.  I deleted some of them via Time Reporting Periods in Server Settings.  When I pressed Save it brought me to another screen where it showed me Active Timesheets related to the Periods I deleted and asked me if I wanted to Proceed?  I pressed Proceed and it crashed.  Time Reporting Periods now crashes every time I go to it.

Deleted row information cannot be accessed through the row. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 
    Exception Details: System.Data.DeletedRowInaccessibleException: Deleted row information cannot be accessed through the row.
    Source Error: 
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  
    Stack Trace: 
    [DeletedRowInaccessibleException: Deleted row information cannot be accessed through the row.]
       System.Data.DataRow.GetDefaultRecord() +6224298
       System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(DataColumn column) +31
       Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Schema.TimePeriodsRow.get_WPRD_FINISH_DATE() +50
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.TimePeriodPage.PJWebPage_OnLoad(EventArgs e) +934
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJWebPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Addendum: I was able to open Time Reporting Periods by logging in as another User but still not with original User.

Addendum: 18 hours later I re-opened Time Reporting Periods and was able to use it again as original User.  I  am creating a Web Part that will create Timesheets as shown in this example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg203693.aspx which may have affected the results.

I believe the crash originally was related to deleting Periods with Active TimeSheets that are checked out to current User.

Project Server Version 14.0.2215.1000

Jonathan M Beck

• Edited by Beta Star Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:38 PM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:27 PM

Answers