Is there a OEM spanish version? RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the evaluations copy of the WHS.

It seems awsome and installs neatly in my old Pentium 4 3.2GHz / 1GB RAM test machine.
    The only "but" was not detecting my Realtek Lan card (which I had to install manually using a similar model).

During download of the demo version I could choose the language, but just english, japanese and german (if I remember OK).

If I buy this OS, I would need a spanish version.
    Is there a OEM spanish version of these software?
    Where may I buy it? (I could not find a place in internet). 
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 11:11 PM

All replies

• Windows Home Server is available in Spanish, however the languages available in any given country (if Windows Home Server is available at all) are determined by the distributor in that country. In the US, for example, Spanish is not available.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, December 7, 2009 4:09 AM
  • OK, thank you.
    So the problem will be to find a distributor of OEM versions in Spain...
    I have found distributors in internet, but just english versions.
    May anybody who mounts computers become an OEM reseller?
    Monday, December 7, 2009 7:19 PM
  • I'm not a Microsoft employee, but I can tell you that the requirements to become a Microsoft Partner aren't very high. As for a reseller, you would have to find the distributor in Spain and make an arrangement with them.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, December 7, 2009 7:23 PM
  • Thank you, Ken.

I will talk to two friends wich sell computers (are OEM computer builders). May be they are interested in becoming an OEM reseller of WHS and mounting their own computers with it.

Meanwhile it will be much more easy to buy an english OEM version to get my own system up and running. I cannot find a spanish distributor. There is no talk about spanish versions of WHS in internet (none but the illegal sharing).
    I have it running now in a test machine, using the demo, and it works pretty nice.
    Monday, December 7, 2009 7:37 PM