Phone number lookup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

If I enter phone number into search box on the communicator, it normalizes the phone number but cannot resolve it to a name and cannot show presence information of the user. It says Presence unknown. If I type name, I have no problems. BTW, I have not enabled Enterprise voice yet. I wonder if this is normal behaviour or should it resolve the person's name whose phone number is entered to the serach box? I also tried populating msRTCsip-line with "tel:..." and enabling enterprice voice, but did not help.

Thank you very much in advane Big Smile

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 4:42 PM

All replies

• Where have you defined the users' telelphone numbers? If it is just in their User properties or in Communicator it will not resolve to it.

You have to configure the users' telephone number in their Communications properties. The format is tel:+1XXXXXXXXX

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 9:46 PM
  • I checked users' communications properties and line Uri for each userr is set to tel:+1xxxxxxxxxx. For xxx-xxxx, communicator normalizes it and displays it as +1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx and says "presence unknown". If I double click on this number, it calls that number successfully (PC to PC), and adds that number to the "recent contacts" as "+1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx Presence unknown" although the user that I called is also in the contact list.

Any suggestions? Is communicator using ABS or front end server for this?

thank you very much

BT

Thursday, August 2, 2007 2:52 PM
  • Hi BT,

Can you update this thread? Have you implemented the RTM version and confirmed this is still an issue.?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:56 PM
  • Yes, it is still the same, (3.0.6362.0). This is also a clean install.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 9:16 PM