none
My C drive copied my external harddrive. RRS feed

• Question

• Acer aspire mini tower original win 8.1 took the free win 10 home update 2016. I have a hitachi lifestudio 1TB external HD. When plugged in my harddrive reads twice. Once as drive G and again in the main drive C. The problem is it increases my used space in the C drive. How do I make the c drive not to copy the external drive or remove it from C without deleting the G drive at the same time ?
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:08 PM Looking for the correct forum
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask Hitachi.

You could also ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is some backup/copy/sync software running when you plug the external drive to your computer?
    Please check in Task Manager if such software is running?

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Friday, December 1, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:05 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask Hitachi.

You could also ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Thursday, December 28, 2017 3:08 PM