Cannot download transactions into newly added bank accounts (UK 2005 patched) RRS feed

• Question

• I have attempted to combine a couple of bank accounts from my wife's Money file into my own using QIF export/import. They are with the same bank as my existing account. The transfer went well but when I downloaded statements for these new accounts (OFX files) I was not asked which A/C to load them into and they were both loaded into my account instead of hers.

I have specified the bank where the new accounts are held and entered the a/c numbers etc. and set up the online bank details.

Can this be corrected?

Regards,

Clacksman

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

• If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, blank the
    Financial Institution (FI) for the *wrong* account in account
    settings.  Do that in the Account Settings/Details, which you can
    reach by right-clicking the account name on the Account List.  Don't
    just change the FI.  Blank it.

On the Account List, if there are transactions to read for the
    wrong account, right-click TransactionsToRead, and then click
    Delete Statement.

Import the OFX file.  Money should ask which account to use.  Tell
    Money the statement should go onto the right account.

Put the FI for the *wrong* account back.

If that does not fix it, see method 2 of
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910214 where you temporarily
    change the currency of the wrong account.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:12 PM
  • Hi Cal,

A couple of things I am not sure about in your answer.

Right click on account name gives "Settings" OK but I can't find "Details". Options are "Go to", "Delete this account", "Close This account", "Add new account" or "Global account settings"

So, not sure how to "Blank" the FI.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:26 PM
  • OK think I have found it! Can't check result at the moment as my online banking is down.
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Bit of a difference in versions... If you can see "Account name" box, you are in the right place. In the box, rub out (backspace) all of the characters in the box so that the box is empty. Click Done at the bottom when you scroll down.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:38 PM
  • Hi Cal,

Afraid it didn't work. When I blanked the FI for my original ("wrong") account nothing was downloaded at all, although transactions WERE pending for my own and one of the new accounts. It is as though the newly added accounts have not been properly activated in my version of Money, yet in my wife's copy of Money she can download statements for all three accounts no problem.

If I didn't have so many other links (both banking and investment) to my original account I could use my wife's copy or create a new file but I must retain my investment portfolio with all its banking links.

A new problem has also arisen in that the transactions no longer automatically load when I open them. I have to shut down the Money file and then they load when I reopen Money. This is a further annoyance. Any ideas? 

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 5:09 PM