Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 CTP2 for SQL Express Synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 CTP2 is recently released and seems to have many providers that can be used for SQL server. We are looking for Synchronization of two SQL Server Express databases using the Microsoft Sync Framework..

Please let me know if this is the best option for synchronizing two Express databases or are there any other alternatives..
    (Replication cannot be used as there is no SQL Server Standard/Enterprise edition)

When will the Microsoft Sync Frmaeowkr 2.0 released for ReDistribution?.. We are planning to use this framework inside an application that shall be distributed to various clients..

Thanks in advance for your inputs...
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 2:27 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:18 AM

Answers

• We are currently looking at - in the next 2 to 4 months.
    Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 5:58 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

Is this for Hub-Spoke sync or Peer-to-Peer sync?

1. For Hub-Spoke, you can combine the technology from the (sync services for )ADO.NET in the sync framework + SQL Express client provider  (downloaded from which is from

http://blogs.msdn.com/sync/archive/2008/06/24/sample-sql-express-client-synchronization-using-sync-services-for-ado-net.aspx).

2. For Peer-to-Peer sync, then SqlSyncProvider (from sync framework 2.0) is a good option.

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:02 AM
    Answerer
  • 1. For Hub-Spoke, you can combine the technology from the (sync services for )ADO.NET in the sync framework + SQL Express client provider  (downloaded from which is from

http://blogs.msdn.com/sync/archive/2008/06/24/sample-sql-express-client-synchronization-using-sync-services-for-ado-net.aspx ).

The sample sqlexpressprovider is far from perfect. Some errors already have been resolved: http://www.8bit.rs/blog/?p=23

And if I am not mistaken: internal it uses a DBserverprovider.  Due to that an n-tier solution is not possible.

It would be interessting to know if there is coming a real sqlExpressClientProvider like the sqlCeclientSyncProvider. (As promised more than a year ago)

¿Anyone can help me with this?
    With this scenario: server n-clients
    server-> sqlexpress server
    clients ->sqlexpress
    Using the microsoft sync framework, ¿do I have to design a peer to peer solution to get support for sqlexpress?
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:06 AM
  • We are looking for a Peer-to-Peer sync.. (bi-directional)

However, Sync Framework 2.0 is still in CTP.. any idea when it is planned for a release?

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:38 AM
  • We are currently looking at - in the next 2 to 4 months.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 5:58 PM
    Answerer