Router: Fritz!Box 7270 RRS feed

• Question

• Is anybody using the Fritz!Box 7270 router out there with WHS?

I am considering buying this router and want to know:

Do they live in harmony with each other? i.e. Do you have two nice green ticks next to the SETTINGS - ROUTER & SETTINGS - DOMAIN NAME sections in the WHS Console screen.

Regards,

John.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:30 PM

Answers

• Hello,
    I use it here in Germany without problems.
    Although I leave the setting to allow configuration via UPnP almost off for security reasons, I tested this one time. Bot the automatical setting and the manual port forwarding work perfectly for me. (Using German firmware.)
    Usually the mentioned ticks are green, if the live services website does not tick out ;-)
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    I use it here in Germany without problems.
    Although I leave the setting to allow configuration via UPnP almost off for security reasons, I tested this one time. Bot the automatical setting and the manual port forwarding work perfectly for me. (Using German firmware.)
    Usually the mentioned ticks are green, if the live services website does not tick out ;-)
    Olaf
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:16 PM
  • Thanks Olaf,

Are you satisfied with its wireless performance also?

Do you use the built in DECT functionality and is this also working as expected?

Sorry for all the questions recently!

Regards,

John.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:33 PM
  • Hello John,
    I rarely use wireless with my laptop, but it is stable and performant enough for me.
    I use one of the FRITZ!Phones via DECT only, since I have an older wired/dect combo still working well.
    In the beginning I had sometimes trouble with outgoing VOIP calls (did not hear anything after the recipient got the call), but this seems to be fixed.
    At least in German versions we see very often firmware updates by AVM, which are often also feature upgrades.
    No idea, how it is with English upgrades.
    Olaf
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:09 PM